Getting out of custody is possible, especially if you are still waiting court hearing. However, you will need to post a bail bond so the jail can allow you to leave. Under this agreement, you, the defendant, is obliged to appear at all court hearings for your case. In the event that you fail to do so, you may be subject to pay for fees and penalties. Ultimately, under certain cases, you may not be able to recover your bail after all the hearings.
This is if you have money to spare for the bail bond. If you don’t, then that’s a problem.
Good thing there is another way – talk with a bail bondsman.
Because you may not be able to talk to a bail bondsman yourself, ask a family member to do it for you. What does a bail bondsman do? Simple. He serves as the surety for the bail bond, instead of a cash payment.
Where Do I Look for a Bail Bondsman?
If there’s one thing you need to know about a bail bondsman, it’s that they are very professional with their line of training and work. In addition, most of them can be contacted 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Whether it’s day or night, an experienced bail bondsman can be available to literally bail you out of trouble.
However, there are several things you need to know first about getting bail bondsman assistance:
- You will need to pay for a small premium as fee.
- Get ready to abide by the rules in an agreement to be prepared by the bondsman.
- If there’s anything you want to do, contact the bondsman first and ask whether that’s allowed.
- Your family should prepare personal belongings and other assets that may be used as collateral.
Working with an experienced Bakersfield bail bondsman should be easy. But before you move on to that, you should first make sure to get a special bondsman that can provide what you really need. Check out these important qualities:
- Reputation – You should look for a bondsman who has good reputation when it comes to ‘bailing out’ his clients. Of course, reputation can be easily passed through word of mouth, or by checking online.
- Experience – It will be helpful if the bondsman already has vast experience in the field. That means he has seen most types of cases, and have found ways to solve certain special issues. These skills may not be possible for a new bondsman who lacks experience.
- Professionalism – This is where character comes in. No matter how good or experienced a bondsman is, it is his professionalism that makes clients love or hate him. Does he show up on time? Does he fulfill all the things expected of him to do?
These are the qualities that a bail bondsman should have. If you are able to get one, expect to be out of jail in the next 24 hours, maybe less. It’s as simple as that. You may get back with your family at home, and just wait for the court-hearing schedule.
Still, it is important to note that bail bondsmen set conditions that you should meet once you get out of jail. This may include where you go and what you do. All of these are precautionary, and aims to provide you a safer way to go through the process without being arrested again.
So as a short review, here’s what will happen after you get into jail for a felony or criminal charge:
- Your family contacts a bail bondsman, telling him the details mentioned above.
- The bail bondsman then discloses the premium that your family should pay. It is usually a small percentage of the total bail amount.
- Several assets are considered as collateral.
- The bail bondsman will either meet your family in your home or at the jail.
- He will make the bail bond with the jail, which in turn would release you.
So this is how the entire process works. There may be some variations depending on the type of case, but under most circumstances, this is what happens when a bail bondsman intercedes and provides help for the defendant’s party.
Searching for a Bakersfield bail bondsman is easy if you know what you are looking for. In case you are not in jail, it is still good to have information regarding bondsmen and how they work. You will never know when a friend or relative gets into such situations. In this moments, you need to think and act quickly to prevent your friend or relative to spend time in jail.
On the other hand, if you’re reading this and you know someone who is in jail waiting for hearing, you may provide help by contacting a bail bondsman now.
Got to http://www.bailbondsbakersfield.net/ for more information.